How about a Scotland photography workshop that’s a little bit different? Join Adam Gibbs and I on the beautiful Isle of Mull and we’ll share some of our favourite landscape photography locations. Mull is one of the few remaining places in Scotland where you won’t find armies of tripods and yet the beauty of the Island is astounding.
Our 6 day/6 night Scotland Photography Workshop in May 2020 includes accommodation, meals and transportation. All you have to do is get yourself to Glasgow and we’ll pick you up at the Holiday Inn Express at 9am on May 1st.
We’ll then drive you to Oban where we enjoy a short ferry ride to Mull. You’ll have your own single occupancy private room (no need to share) for 6 nights in a lovely country setting right in the heart of Mull close to all of our shooting locations.
Dates: May 1st – 7th, 2020 – 2 Places Left
Duration: 6 Day/6 Night Scotland Photography Workshop, includes accommodation and transport
Location: Glasgow to Mull
Maximum of 10 people
ALL WORKSHOPS ARE NONE SMOKING
Isle of Mull – Scotland Photography Workshop
If we’re lucky, the bluebells will be out during our workshop. We know just where to find them and can show you the best way to capture beautiful images of the bloom.
Ancient Scottish History
We’ll also photograph some historical sites that take you back to ancient times. The standing stones of Glenmorn are both fascinating and picturesque.
Mull boasts some of the most beautifully gnarly oak forests that we’ve ever seen. There are endless, fascinating compositions and when the light hits just right you can capture some truly inspiring images.
Mull also offers some beautiful waterfalls that are made all the more magical by the fascinating oak trees that frame this ancient landscape. The Isle of Mull has a timeless beauty that you’ll connect with on a deep level.
Welcome to Fingals Cave
We’ll take you for a full day on the Island of Staffa where we’ll visit the legendary Fingals Cave. While we’re busy photographing the spectacular basalt columns of the Island we are likely to see puffins arriving for breeding season.
- 6 Nights of accommodation with your own private room
- All meals
- Photography tuition
- Transportation to and from all shooting locations
Most of our shooting locations require very little hiking except for the hike to the Glenmorn standing stones which takes about 20 minutes over gently slopping terrain. Everything else is a short stroll from the car but forest floors are often uneven and slippery when wet. While we aren’t doing any strenuous hikes it’s very important that you have good mobility if you wish to reach all shooting locations.
What’s Not Included
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Insurance – It is MANDATORY to insure yourself against physical injury. I also advise that you insure your photographic equipment. Tour leaders will not be responsible in the event of any personal injuries or damage to photographic gear as a result of an accident during the workshop.
What to Bring
Photography Equipment and Accessories
- A digital camera. Don’t forget your memory cards and charger.
- A sturdy tripod, ideally with a ball head.
- Recommended: Wide angle lens, mid-long range zoom.
- Recommended: A polarizing filters.
- Recommended: A camera remote.
- A laptop is needed for any image post processing sessions
- Many spare batteries for your camera.
- Good hiking boots
- A camera rain cover.
- Waterproof jacket and extra footwear.
- Lens wipes.
- Power outlet adapters for UK plug sockets
This is a NONE SMOKING Workshop
All Fototripper workshops are strictly none smoking. Please respect the health and comfort of your instructors and fellow attendees by not smoking at any time during the workshop. Please read our booking policy.
Will You Join Gavin and Adam?
We can’t wait to show you this magical place and help you to create some inspirational images in a fun and friendly environment. Hope to see you there.
Gavin and Adam